Sheet metal fabrication is a process in which shops take a piece of metal and improve it. They alter its shape, size, qualities and/or thickness to meet certain specifications. Clients in areas similar to Cleveland include small and large manufacturing firms, that exist alongside a wide-range of industries. The latter category includes construction, mining, and the oil and gas companies. All of these interests work frequently with fabrication shops to produce a finished product capable of meeting the requirements of their industry.
Common Metal fabrication Processes
Fabrication shops can create, assemble, or even repair various metal items. The work such shops do is a value-added process.
Value-added processes encompass much of what fabrications shops do. When they work with a base metal, they alter it, improving and enhancing its nature to meet the demands of their customers. In Cleveland metal fabrication shops, the following are part of a value-added approach:
- Cutting/shearing – manual, automatic and CNC devices, e.g., lasers or plasma systems
- Design/modeling – today, 3D modeling is becoming common
- Forming – may use CNC
- Machining and machine guarding
- Welding – This covers the variety of possible welding techniques, e.g., MIG, TIG, Spot, Stick, Field. Specialized, customized and certified welding processes take primacy
- Assembling – often the final step in production
So if you’re looking for sheet metal fabrication services near Cleveland, Ohio, contact Avon Lake Sheet Metal today!